Liquid Injection Molding (LIM) and Transfer Molding are preferred processes for manufacturing solid silicone rubber items used in a wide range of applications such as medical equipment, watersports, gas masks, military gear, waterproof device cases, 3C products and much more.
Shin Etsu / Dow Corning/ GE Silicones
Advantages & Applications:
- Low viscosity and lower injection pressure, good for silicon molding
- Good chemical stability and environmental protection
- High dimensional accuracy
- It produces high quality parts without secondary finishing and allows much shorter production cycles than other processes.
- Over-molding together with hard plastic frame (PC or ABS etc.) for waterproof devices, shock proofing, shielding, etc.
- Very thin wall design (0.25mm thick around) for silicone to adhere on plastic housing (rib) to meet the demand of low profile product design.
- Water proof feature can be secured by the combination of soft rubber contacts and with constant pressure provided by hard plastic housing (rib).